Existing wholesale customers login here. If you are a new customer please register hereRegister here
3 tablespoons good olive oil
1 Hungry Guest Ciabatta (day old preferably) cut into 1-inch cubes
1 teaspoon salt (Maldon or similar)
2 large, ripe tomatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
1 cucumber, unpeeled, seeded, and sliced 1/2-inch thick
1 red pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch cubes
1 yellow pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch cubes
1/2 red onion, cut in 1/2 and thinly sliced
Handful of basil leaves, chopped or torn into shreds
3 tablespoons of small capers, drained
For the vinaigrette:
1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
3 tablespoons White wine vinegar
1/2 cup good olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat the oil in a large saute pan.
2. Add the bread and salt; cook over low to medium heat, tossing frequently, for 10 minutes, or until nicely browned. Add more oil as needed.
3. In a large bowl, mix the tomatoes, cucumber, red pepper, yellow pepper, red onion, basil, and capers.
4. Add the bread cubes and toss with the vinaigrette. Season generously with salt and pepper.
5. This can be served immediately of allow to rest for around 20 minutes to allow the bread to absorb all the flavours.
6. Drizzle with a good balsamic for a tasty finish.
Thank you for choosing Home Entertaining by The Hungry Guest. To place your order please use the following form making sure you select the correct quantities. Once you have completed your order please select your collection date (minimum 7 days notice required on all orders). Payment must be made online at the time of order.